In the Republic of Serbia, the immigration law is regulated by two laws: the Aliens Act (Official Gazette of the Republic No. 24/2018) and the Employment of Foreigners Act (Official Gazette of the European Union No. 128/2014, No. 113/2017 and 50/2018).
Visa or visa exemption system
According to Serbian law, a foreigner is any person without citizenship of the Republic of Serbia. Considering the possibility that foreigners can enter the Republic of Serbia visa without special approval, there are two different systems: the free system and the visa system. The visa system is a rule, but through international agreements or government decisions, foreigners with nationalities in certain countries can enter the Republic of Serbia without a visa.
According to this, citizens of many countries enjoy a free entry system in the Republic of Serbia, but their citizens can stay in the Republic of Serbia for different periods of time. Citizens of countries/regions that have signed the Schengen Agreement, such as the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, New Zealand, etc., can stay in the Republic of Serbia without a visa within six days, up to a maximum of 90 days. The month starting from the date entered for the first time. On the other hand, for example, citizens of China, India and Russia can stay in the Republic of Serbia for up to 30 days without a visa.
Our Belgrade immigration law firm will check whether your country of origin is on the list of free entry systems into the Republic of Serbia.
Admission requirements and residence application
Foreigners can enter the Republic of Serbia under the following circumstances:
• Possess a valid travel document-usually a passport, but for citizens of some countries only an ID
•Have travel arrangements (visitors to visit) or Serbia, an invitation letter from a legal entity or association registered in the Republic of Serbia
•Have travel medical insurance during the scheduled stay in the Republic of Serbia
• Have enough livelihood during your stay in the Republic of Serbia to return to your country of origin or transit to another country – 50 euros per day (if foreigners have travel arrangements or invitations, the amount is smaller)
Before you enter the Republic of Serbia, our Belgrade immigration law firm will provide you with legal advice and other technical support. We especially advise our clients, if they plan to stay in the Republic of Serbia for a longer time, what conditions, procedures and conditions they should have for legal entry into the Republic of Serbia.
When a foreigner arrives in the Republic of Serbia, he is obliged to register his residence within 24 hours. The registration of the residence of foreigners in the Republic of Serbia is carried out at the police station, which is responsible for the address area of the apartment where the foreigner lives.
The obligations of registering the residence of foreigners are:
- Within 24 hours after the foreigner has checked in, the legal entity, sole proprietorship and individual or their legal representative shall be rented out.
- Legal entities that receive foreigners, sole proprietors and individuals or their legal representatives within 24 hours from the day when the foreigner is placed in the apartment.
Submit residence registration in duplicate. One copy should be submitted to the police station to record the data in the electronic record, and the other copy should be returned to the foreigner to prove his residence in the Republic of Serbia.
Temporary residence permit
Regarding the temporary residence permit, we have already written it here. Temporary residence is a residence permit for foreigners who intend to stay in the Republic of Serbia for more than 90 days based on certain legal basis (for example, family reunion, company formation, study or specialization, real estate ownership, employment). The immigration law of our Belgrade law firm can help you choose the best legal basis for a temporary residence permit related to your family status and business plan.
The “New Law on Foreigners” provides a new basis for obtaining a temporary residence permit, as well as a new basis for the basis used in practice, but in the Republic of Serbia, these basis are not stipulated by law as ownership of real property. Accordingly, as new reasons for obtaining a temporary residence permit, there are: 1) Religious services; 2) Treatment or nursing; 3) Ownership of real property; 4) Humanitarian stay; 5) The status of presumed victims of human trafficking; 6) The status of victims of human trafficking.
Employment of foreigners-work permit
Foreigners can be employed in the Republic of Serbia under the following conditions: 1) Temporary residence permit or permanent residence permit, and 2) Work permit. A work permit is a legal document that allows foreigners to be employed or self-employed in the Republic of Serbia.
Work permits can be issued in the following ways:
1) Personal work permit
2) Work permit
Foreigners can only obtain one type of work permit during the same period.
In summary, our Belgrade immigration law firm provides you with the following legal services:
• Provide legal advice on legal advice related to immigration
• Compile and collect all documents for applying for temporary residence permit in the Republic of Serbia
• Apply for a temporary residence permit in the Republic of Serbia
• Procedures for legally representing foreigners to apply for temporary residence permits to foreign agencies
• Compile and collect all documents for applying for a work permit in the Republic of Serbia
• Apply for a work permit in the Republic of Serbia
• Legal representation of foreigners in the process of obtaining work permits
Serbia, EU candidate country ranked second
One month express immigration to Serbia
The cost is only 4000 Euros.
1 Company establishment + work permit
1 or real estate transfer
2 D Visa Application
3 Application for Temporary Residence
4 Driver's License Application
5 Bank Account Opening
If you have the idea of immigrating to Serbia
Welcome to contact us!
Our contact method is
Whatsapp: +381 606968711
Viber: +381 606968711